What is the best way to lose weight ? Doing more sport ? Eating less ?
Can you compensate overeating with “over-sporting” ?
How much do you lose by doing sport ?
There is lot of different school of thinking when it come to the best method to lose weight. Does it matter really ? Not for me As long as you move your body, you will use energy. For example on the last 3 months, my sport account to 6.000 to 7.500 calories for 8 to 11 hours of sport (mostly running and a bit of biking)
So let’s extrapolate to “over-sporting” !
- 1h per day : 800 calories
- 2h per day : 1.600 calories
- 3h per day : 2.400 calories
- 4h per day : 3.000 calories
- 5h per day : 3.800 calories
Quite impressive numbers ! But by doing nothing at home, you also use around 1.500-2.500 calories… The basal metabolism (how much the body is using as energy doing nothing) can vary quite a lot depending on people. That’s the one of the reason for these “people who eat constantly and never become fat”
How much you put in by eating ?
You can have a look at what 200 calories look like.
- A bagel with turkey, a bit of sauce and salad, your 1 hour of sport is gone !
- A large fries, glass of cola, a cheeseburger and a muffin : a cheap 2 hours of sports…
- Maybe you are more in breakfast mood: cereals with milk, a doughnut, slices of bread with peanut butter. Also 2 hours of sport.
- A bit of snacking, 2 snickers, 2 can of soda and a little pack of chips : 2 hours of sport needed
As you see it’s very very easy to eat faster than you can spend and there is no way to “over-sport” any overeating or even snacking…
What is your preferred way to lose weight ? Eating less or doing more sport ?