Here is the 1st update of my attempt to create a running habit.
Easy ? So-so ? Hard ?
It wasn’t easy for sure, but neither was it hard So I will go with “so-so” to describe this month
The most frustrating part was my speed. After a week with good progress & nice speed, I just became slower, much slower… I don’t really understand why. And in the last week, I did my 2 fastest run
- the Good : I have managed to keep running at least 4 times a week
- the Bad : My average pace went down badly for a week and some days it’s really hard. Maybe I need more warm-up before starting to run
- Biking : I enjoyed a “Car Free Sunday” to ride all over the city, it was enjoyable (16km / 10 miles). I brought my daughter to daycare a couple of times (it takes nearly the same time as by car, and no parking issue :)). In total, I did 2h40 of biking
- Swimming : I started swimming a bit during lunch break when I’m working from home. In total just 1 hour
Results of the month
- Running : I will try to continue running at least 4 times a week
- Record : below 5 min/km – 8 min/mile
- Weeks : 5:40 min/km – 9 min/mile
- Month : below 6 min/km – 9.5 min/mile
- Biking : 6 hours of biking
- Swimming : 3h swimming (ideally as 4 times 45 min)
25 euros for 10 swim pass and a swim hat
Doing sport can be very cheap
I found a good way to motivate myself by asking the question “Am I lying to myself ?” (whenever I got in the mood of making excuses not to go outside) And knowing that I will have to write an update on my progress is also a very strong motivator…
Are you managing to stay in sport mood ? How do you motivate yourself when the weather is awful or you are tired ?