If this picture looks familiar when you think of finding something to wear, don’t get desperate… There are solutions !!!
- Can you find the clothes you want in a few seconds ?
- Do you really know which clothes you have ?
If you have replied NO to any of the question, you should continue reading !
My wardrobe used to be a mess…I was always wearing the same few tee shirts (which happens to be the only one reachable). I couldn’t find anything (and I had no clue what was there anyway)
And it was used as a storage place for random stuff !
Is it a curse ?? Is there any way out ?
Luckily yes you just need to rearrange your wardrobe
What is the Goal
- Get rid of clothes I won’t wear (not my style anymore or too big/small/outdated)
- Test which clothes I can now wear after having lost/gain some weight
- Remove all Stuff which should be somewhere else
- Bring Order to Chaos (Ordnung muss sein ! As our german friends would say)
It is very simple and it take much less time than you would expect
First, prepare a few zone on the floor/bed where you will put the clothes after testing them
- To give away and/or trash
- Formal clothes (whatever you could use to go to work or on a date)
- Home clothes (that can be used for gardening or when you don’t expect any guest at home)
- Not fitting… YET !! It’s the most important category, it’s a bunch of gifts you will give to the future you if you manage to reach your fitness objectives
- Pick something
- If you are not sure you fit in it, try it
- Put on the appropriate stack
- Repeat until the wardrobe is empty
Don’t hesitate to ask the help of someone with a critical mind (read wife/husband/…) who will help to decide what stay and what doesn’t…
Once done, you know how much clothes you have, it will be very easy to rearrange in a logical manner.
Results (or my Return On Investment for 1h of work)
- It was very fun to do, trying, finding “new” clothes
- I found out around 300€ of “new clothes” : a dozen shirts, 5/6 new tee shirts, 2 jeans, 6 jeans with holes that need to be repaired
- The feeling when opening the wardrobe now is great, it looks neat, organized, I can pick up a set of clothes in a few seconds
- It’s easy to keep it arranged
- I have an additional motivation to get more fit as I know I have a bag of “new but too tight” clothes waiting for me (a few kg less and it will be jackpot)